Hire smart – fire less. It’s that simple. The better job you do interviewing applicants and hiring the right person, your business will benefit. The cost of a bad hire can be significant, not only due to poor performance, but by the employee alienating fellow workers, clients and customers. All too often untrained interviewers engage applicants in a conversation – not an effective, probing analysis of the applicant’s strengths, weaknesses and chances of success.
Today’s best practices dictate that you use behavior-based interviewing because of the recognized principle that past and present behavior is the best indicator of future performance. This webinar will provide you with critical knowledge to make correct hiring decisions.
- How to prepare for an interview through an analysis of the job to be filled
- The most efficient screening method for selecting candidates to interview
- Keys to reviewing resumes and application forms
- Using interviewing as a predictive tool rather than as a conversation
- How to structure behavior-based questions
- The behavior-based questions you should be asking to prevent costly hiring mistakes
- Learn what is wrong with the question, “tell me about yourself”
- The vital role silence plays when interviewing
- What is an applicant’s body language telling you?
- When to end an interview immediately
- Essential post-interview notes to take
- Why you MUST get a release
- The Americans With Disabilities Act – interviewing do’s-and-don’ts for disabled applicants
Behavioral Based Interviewing – Techniques to Hire the Right Person the First Time
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 at 1:30 pm ET
Duration: 90 minutes
Continuing Legal Education Credit Information
This webinar has been approved in the following states for continuing legal education credit by The Marino Legal Academy:
California: 1.5 credit hours
The Marino Institute for Continuing Legal Education is a State Bar of California approved MCLE sponsor and this course qualifies for 1.5 credit hours of participatory CLE credit.
New Jersey: 1.5 credit hours
This webinar has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.5 CLE credit hours.
New York: 1.5 areas of professional practice credit hours
This course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York Continuing Legal Education Board for veteran attorneys for 1.5 credit hours, of which 1.50 credit hours may be applied toward the Areas of Professional Practice.
Pennsylvania: 1.5 credit hours
This Distance Learning program has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 hours of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
To receive CLE credit for this webinar in those states, please request such credit by writing email@example.com. Your request will be forwarded to The Marino Legal Academy for processing.
CLE credit for this webinar may also be awarded in a number of other jurisdictions. For more information, please contact a Marino Legal Academy legal education consultant at (212) 249-3779,x104.
- 90 minutes (Travel Free) delivered over the Internet.
Unlimited listeners per connection – bring the entire department.
Q&A session with the expert.
Special Feature: If you register for this webinar and cannot attend, you will be able to access a one-time instant replay without charge for up to 90 days after the date of the webinar.
This event will be presented live with a PowerPoint presentation to be viewed on your computer. You may listen to the audio of the webinar by telephone or through your computer. The PowerPoint slides will be provided shortly before the event. Once you register, you will receive an email which is your receipt and which includes your instructions for dialing in and logging on. You will also receive an email reminder 24 hours before the webinar.